One of the worst situations a contractor can run into on a job is accidentally damaging something valuable. It pays to be prepared.
Lowest Pricing on Floor Protection Products for Contractors
Needing to repair or replace a floor you or a member of your team has damaged during a project is expensive and embarrassing. These days, you can’t afford the damage a bone-headed mistake you could have avoided by investing a couple hundred dollars in floor protection products.
When you come onto a job site, whether it’s someone’s home, a commercial business, or a school, your crew will be going to be in and out dozens (or 100’s) of times. Not only will you be treading everywhere with your dirty work boots, but you’ll also be pushing, pulling and carrying equipment and materials
How to Avoid Costly Floor Repairs
- TACKY MATS: The surface of Tacky Mats pulls loose debris and germs from the soles of boots and shoes. These special mats come in a pack of 30. They cling to hard floors with their unique static backing. These come in 2 sizes: 24″x30″ and 36×36″
- Plastic Drop Cloths: Plastic drop cloths are widely used in painting for covering floors and furniture. They also come in handy for protecting carpeted surfaces from becoming soiled during renovations. Plastic drop cloths come in 9’x12′, 10’x20′ and 10×25′.
- Carpet Protection Film: A light adhesive strip on the underside of the film prevents carpet film from bunching up and sliding around. This product comes in 24″ x 200′, 36″ x 200′ and 36″ x 500′. It’s perfect for hallways or to create an obvious path where you want your people to walk while your project is underway. A carpet film applicator is not required but it’s a time-saver and it rolls out the material more neatly. We recommend it.
- Floor Protection Paper: This fiberglass reinforced floor protection paper comes in 36″x300′, 48×300′, 72″x300′. This product is ideal for protecting hardwood, ceramic, stone, vinyl, and painted floors. It’s also great for creating a specific path you want your crew members to take—“stay on the path!’
- Floor Protection Board: This is a 45mil super thick, extra-heavy-duty water-resistant paper. It’s 38″ wide and 100′ long. Often goes by certain brand names like Ram Board • Rhino Board • Temporary Floor Protection Board.
- Shoe Covers-to Protect Floors: Disposable shoe covers have a good quality elastic band to hold shoes and boots snugly. Workers put them on over their shoes just before entering a home or business in order to keep out unwanted debris.