Don’t miss out on the profits you can generate by selling hand tools in your retail store.
Most convenience stores, discount stores, drug stores, and grocery stores, dedicate space for a selection of common hand tools in their Hardware Department.
How to Choose the Right Hand Tools to Sell in Your Store
When considering adding hand tools to your product line in your retail store, consider this: homeowners and apartment dwellers typically do not need to purchase the highest quality, professional-grade tools.
Although it’s important for a hardware store to sell higher-quality hand tools, common home repairs can be adequately done with lower-priced tools. That said, you should carefully examine a tool before purchasing it because a poorly crafted tool could end up breaking resulting in the necessity to go buy another tool, or worse, causing injury.
We are more than happy to help you choose the right items for your store.
If you’re not a “hardware person,” feel free to call us for advice on selecting the right tools for your store and your typical clientele. We’ll help you choose the best sellers and steer clear of choosing items that may sit and collect dust on your shelves.
Things to consider when choosing the tools to seek in your store:
- Choose the right tools for your type of store. A convenience store, for example, should carry tools that sell for $10 or less. A general store, farm store, or landscape supply store can sell at any price point.
- Tools should have attractive and good quality packaging. Tools with poor packaging may fall out out of their packaging or be easy for customers to remove from the package which results in theft and loss.
- Understand the tools you’re selling. If you don’t understand the tools and their use, you may be purchasing uncommon tools which may sit on your shelves forever.
- Another reason to understand the tools you stock in your store is to answer customers’ questions.
- Consider a No-Return On Tools Policy. As an experienced retailer, we know that some people use a product one time and want to return it because they don’t ever expect to need it again. Tools that are out of their package and have been used don’t look good when they’re put back on your shelf either.
Everyone Needs Tools and Hardware to Use In Their Home or Garage
Any retailer who sells general merchandise should have basic tools and hardware in their selection. Just about every pharmacy, grocery store, dollar store, and convenience store sells basic household hardware and tools.
Convenience always comes at a higher price and you should choose a selection of tools and hardware for your store because it’s both highly profitable and it can be a lifesaver to your customer in need.
Who is Mazer Wholesale?
Mazer Wholesale, Inc. is a spinoff from a family of hardware store owners in Philadelphia, PA., which goes back to the early 1900s. When it comes to tools, we specialize in good quality/non-name brands which are the focus of this article.
CLICK HERE TO BUY HAND TOOLS at WHOLESALE PRICE.
We have been serving retailers, property management, maintenance contractors, building contractors, tradesmen, painters since 1986.
CLICK HERE TO BUY PAINT APPLICATORS at WHOLESALE PRICE.
See below the wholesale price list at Mazer wholesale
Prices may change without prior notice.
Our merchandise selection has always been to supply businesses with alternatives to the big brand name tools. These are always good quality but priced lower so you can compete with the hardware stores and home centers.
Choosing the right tools to sell in YOUR type of store is important. We have the knowledge and experience to help you choose the best sellers. We’re happy to help you. Just give is a call at 1-800-343-0780.